Ofgem has appointed Together Energy to take on supplying OneSelect’s 36,000 domestic customers. This follows a competitive process run by Ofgem to get the best deal possible for the customers of OneSelect, which ceased trading on Monday 10 December.
Together Energy is offering OneSelect’s customers a competitive tariff and will honour all outstanding credit balances, including money owed to both existing and former customers of OneSelect.
For existing customers, energy supplies will continue as normal as they switch over to Together Energy on Friday 14 December.
Customers of OneSelect will be contacted over the coming days about the changes. If customers wish to change their tariff or switch supplier they should ask to be switched to another Together Energy tariff, or shop around. Customers will not be charged exit fees if they decide to switch to another supplier.
Philippa Pickford, Ofgem’s director for future retail markets, said:
“We are pleased to secure a deal with Together Energy, where OneSelect’s customers will be offered a competitive tariff for their energy. Their credit balances will be honoured and their energy supply will continue as normal.
“Together Energy will be in contact with customers over the coming days with further information. Once their account is fully set up, customers can shop around for a better deal if they wish to.”
Customers with questions should contact Together Energy’s customer service team, on 0333 1501699.
More information for OneSelect’s customers can be found on the Ofgem website.
Notes to editors
- OneSelect’s customers will be supplied by Together Energy as of Friday 14 December. Accounts will be fully set up as soon as possible over the coming weeks.
- Together Energy will be in touch with customers in the coming days. Any questions customers have should be directed to Together Energy.
- Customers can find support and advice on the Ofgem website. Alternatively, if they need additional support, they can call Citizens Advice on 03454 04 05 06 or email them via webform, or get in touch through Ofgem’s facebook or twitter feed @ofgem
- Together Energy will honour the credit balances of current and former OneSelect customers. Former customers should wait for Together Energy to contact them.
- Current and former customers who owe money, or are in debit to OneSelect should wait to hear from OneSelect’s administrators or Together Energy who will talk to them about repayment arrangements.
- Customers with direct debits should not cancel their arrangement, although please do not panic if you have already done so. Together Energy will contact you shortly to explain how they will set up your account.
- The cost of protecting customers’ credit balances will be met partly by Together Energy, and the rest will be covered by the safety net put in place by Ofgem. This is funded by a levy recovered through energy network charges.
- Together Energy is the trading name of Eddington Energy Supply Limited which holds a gas and electricity supply licence.
For media, contact:
Chris Lock: 0207 901 7225
Media out of hours mobile: 07766 511470 (media calls only)
Ofgem is the independent energy regulator for Great Britain. Its priority is to make a positive difference for consumers by promoting competition in the energy markets and regulating networks.
For energy insights and updates straight to your inbox from Ofgem, please subscribe.